Monday, April 23, 2012

Brian Dawkins of the Denver Broncos Roster

If you're up on social media and sports teams, you might have already heard this. But earlier this morning, a potential hall-of-famer from our very own Broncos Roster announced his retirement from the NFL. Via twitter. Yep, fan favorite Brian Dawkins - safety for the Broncos - will no longer be playing with the Broncos or any other team in the NFL this season. Here's what he wrote:

"The Lord has blessed me to play in the NFL for 16 years. I would like to thank the Eagles & the Broncos 4 believing in me. I would like 2 thank all my teammates & Coaches that I have been blessed 2 go to battle with. Along with u, the fans 4 helping make my career 1 that I have enjoyed tremendously. In other words. I am announcing my retirement from the NFL. #BBTB."

 From this Bronco fan and others, best of wishes to Mr. Dawkins in this new stage of his life! There have certainly been a lot of change ups on the Broncos roster this year - and I'm sure this is just the start. With the NFL Draft quickly approaching, we're sure to see some more additions and removals from the team. I'm excited to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment